PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 422 incident at Mumbai
View Single Post
Old 9th Dec 2017, 06:13
India Charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Definitely not, more a case of using a developing situation to illustrate possible future problems to be avoided and recovering the situation before any risk to flight safety."

I don't think I follow you parabellum, "developing situation..." meaning what?

"I have no Airbus experience but when we flew the VOR approach to Mumbai it was PF on HSI raw data and PNF on MAP, no such thing as RNAV approach to Mumbai 09. Take my word for it, the radial needle would dither from side to side, the radial would often appear 'bent' and eventually it was the mark one eyeball that brought things to a satisfactory conclusion. As I said in a previous post, I hope all this has long since been sorted out by now."

You said you have flown into Mumbai on both the B767 and B747, and I am assuming that they were both FMC equipped. What was the rwy 09 VOR app like? I assume it was FMC assisted...? Also, could you please elaborate on the 'bent radial'. I am pretty sure all this has been sorted out now, but it would be nice if pilots regularly flying into Mumbai were to give an overview of the current situation.

Last edited by India Charlie; 9th Dec 2017 at 08:31. Reason: Typo