PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Housing left alone for a year
View Single Post
Old 8th Dec 2017, 21:18
Trafalgar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It has always fascinated me how two groups of managers in the same business can evolve in such different ways. Ultimately it comes down to decency, moral values and a deeper insight into their own souls. In particular, it comes down to the ability to put others before yourself. Needless to say, our managers miss all of those points completely, as they are completely self-serving and ultimately greedy and selfish individuals. They cannot see past their own deep narcissism. Leaders like Bethune and Kelleher came from a better make-up of humanity, and realised that other people mattered as much as they did. They also had the insight to appreciate that if you treat people well, show them respect and empower them to do their jobs properly in a positive and happy work environment, you will attain all the success and reward you seek. One group attempts to do so on the backs of their employees (CX), the other does so by helping carry their employees on the journey (SW and CO). Two diametrically opposed philosophies in the same industry. Quite telling to see which one has risen to the top. Of course, a main trait of a narcissist is that they are incapable of introspection and self-critical evaluation. It's always 'someone else's ' fault. As I mentioned in another post, AT and RH could be slapped on the side of the head by Kelleher and they would still not realise the character and success of the man. That is the tragedy of CX. When I joined they were more like Southwest. At least they showed the employees they were valued and respected. Now, they treat us with contempt. Can't understand why this airline is in such chaos