PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Win 7 software be able to work on Win 10?
Old 7th Dec 2017, 22:45
Octane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies,

PDR1, I am using Win XP SP3 compatibility mode (tried Win 7 mode also) and running as admin. The program opens but doesn't work.

Izod, to set up a XP virtual machine I require XP software. The old XP laptop came with XP already loaded so I have no XP CD or pass codes. I have the old laptop HD in a caddy, could that be of any use? (The HD is fine, it was the screen that died.)
I should mention I'm running Win 10 Home that doesn't have Hyper-V....

Procrastinus, "good luck!" What do you mean! I don't need luck. The Mini was a fine bit of British engineering when they built stuff to last 50 years! (Oops, it IS 50 years old). Seriously, in 35 odd years of owning Mini's I've had no problems. They keep on going even if they're clapped out. They are simple enough to work on you can do it yourself at home. If something goes wrong, chances are you can fix it on the side of the road. Bits are plentiful and CHEAP! You could argue I've actually downgraded the thing by installing electronics in it. (I have the old points ignition setup in the back if the "black box" goes AWOL.). You want to talk to my mate who has a 5 series BMW. When it goes, it's a beautiful thing. But it's always breaking! One electronics failure after another, it's got something like 9 black boxes on board. It's spent more time in "limp home" mode than doing what it should. He's spent a fortune on the thing. This time, when he gets it back he's going to sell it. It does look and drive very nice, when it's going!
A few years ago I drove the Mini from Melbourne to Bali via East Timor. I didn't have to get the tool kit out the entire trip. The BMW wouldn't have made it. And when it broke down in the middle of nowhere in Indonesia, no one around would have had a clue how to fix the bloody thing...

Last edited by Octane; 8th Dec 2017 at 02:49.