PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 7th Dec 2017, 07:30
never ready

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my perspective this beggars belief.
I'll use examples of employee groups but please, it is not personal, just examples.

Why would you not pay all your Captains an ex gratia payment?
These are the very people who have made your airline what it is today, many of whom have worked for this company for up to 30+ years.
You will not pay your loyal and long serving employees, but you will pay someone who may have only worked for the airline for one year.
The message you are sending is that you do not value (in any form) all the Captains in this airline, the job they do and the responsibility they hold.
You will pay the most junior cockpit crew member/cabin crew/ground staff an ex gratia payment but not the senior employees.
It really is a bizarre situation.

Some comments below, from someone NOT in the aviation industry on reading the CEO's letter. (Not my comments)
1. It actually says F*** You to all the Level D employees.
2.They are just looking at where they can save bits here and there.
3. Non strategic and the sign of a company that is totally screwed.
4. I doubt it's going to get any better because the mindset is all wrong.
5. There's no growth aspect that you need in turnarounds.
6. It's such basic business understanding that's lacking.
7. Re Reuters recent report on McKinsey and CX: Because they won't be able to figure out a plan themselves.
8. Solution: unprintable.

SUGGESTION
As the "door is always open in CX", we should all write (individually) to the CEO and ask for the rationale behind the decision why level D (and above) employees won’t receive an ex gratia payment this year.

Last edited by never ready; 7th Dec 2017 at 08:07.