PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2017, 22:26
mik3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's changed?

The airport can't seem to manage disembarking CTA and International simultaneously because all pax are herded and could end up mixed together in the corridor.

Clearly they need to sort it. For the poster above who also was on the sane flight, myself and first say 5 to 8 of us could hear the full conversations between the Captain and ground handling - the Captain was annoyed and asked why are his pax still not disembarked to which ground handler said we have to wait until pax from a/c parked on stand to our right emptied first and cleared passport border control.

The pax up front of our a/c were frustrated with the duration standing waiting for word to disembark possibly made worse because we all heard the stupidity of the circumstances the ground handler shouted up to the Captain who had the slide window open.

So as I said, it was not a satisfactory or acceptable position. I pay a fare, I expect fast boarding and disembarking and hold bags on belts quickly. That did not happen on the night and the airport was dead at that hour so can't understand what exactly the baggage handlers were doing for it to take so ridiculously long for bags to come out.

I could understand it if the place was rammed busy but it was dead.

Thankfully I got alternative airport choices in LCY, STN or LGW - and happy to drive my car to any of them.