PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2017, 16:58
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LAX_LHR
Thanks paully.
By posting here it may also help the flights too, as there may be people reading who would actually use some of the new routes and flights that get posted here.
And that’s why I do it really. Yes, it may be seen by some as ‘bragging’ (but equally I don’t see why that’s not allowed), but it doesn’t harm anyone and might just help someone too. To be called some of the things I have purely for posting routes news/opinions is just a bit bizzare really, I thought we were all here for the same love of aviation, but it seems there is a fair amount of hatred too.
My emphasis. This is precisely the reason I look at this site - to get a heads up on new flying opportunities or more often in my case, looking for more pleasurable or direct ways of getting to projects overseas.

Your posts are really appreciated in this respect.

To be honest I don't really see you as someone who is always 'defending' MAN - although I am a relatively new poster I can think of times when you have criticized it too.
But whatever...in an open forum based in a society that celebrates free speech we should all be a little more tolerant when somebody posts something we don't agree with - and - that's life anyway isn't it? We wouldn't be so disrespectful to people face to face so why hide behind a keyboard?

On a purely selfish note....can I ask a question on something that I have seen partially announced: I was a reasonably regular user of the Monarch service to Zagreb, in fact I was last on it only a couple weeks before the final curtain. Is it true Croatia Airlines will adopt the route instead? I think I even saw flight numbers mentioned on here. If so any pointers on when flights might be released / and when they might begin? I've got to plan a couple of trips in the Spring and I need to get them booked immediately in the New Year due to coordnating with others coming from other points in Europe.
Thanks