PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 6th Dec 2017, 08:48
Skydiver666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thomas,

Where did I say that running out of fuel results in a crash? What I stated was that the fuel mismanagement was the root cause which is wholly factual and correct. Without that incident (fuel starvation) the crash would not have happened.

As for your suspicions I cannot comment as you aren't airing them, but I suspect that a few pilots cannot take on board that it was purely pilot error that took 10 lives that night.

Unlike AirPolice you have not referred to the general public (or anyone who doesn't agree with him) as the "Great Unwashed"

Originally Posted by Thomas coupling
Skydiver666 - you are "in fact" incorrect in your hypothesis.
Running out of fuel does not - ergo result i a "crash". A mishandled double engine failure often invariably does.
AirPolice is factually correct - the fuel issue is a contributory factor towards the ultimate conclusion but it is not - on its own - necessarily the cause of this particular crash. Pilots are trained to deal SAFELY with double engine failures (EOL's).
Most of us suspect what went wrong but would prefer to lock those thoughts away..........