PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA 422 incident at Mumbai
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2017, 05:27
Dynamite1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC yes indeed very familiar with that approach..all I am saying is that had they stuck to automatics till their MDA/DDA or whatever SIA calls it...they wd in all likelihood have spotted the runway and landed like they did the second time.

But I am also saying that there is no way they lined up for JUHU. CANNOT pick up Juhu from where they veered left ...And their track also corroborates that they were never in line with JUHU runway...I am only guessing their reason for ditching automatics and banking left.

Whatever they did; the fact that they executed a very safe and timely abort and landed without any further ado....something that happens almost daily in some sky somewhere...it’s only a learning for the crew; and no more than that..

Unnecessary news by such ignorant misinformed reporters just to grab headlines; looking for a story where there ain’t any....pretty much the norm these parts especially related to aviation....probably the same in your neck of the woods too..

As for your question...yes it’s always a RNAV1 approach ending in a radar vector to the intercept heading and they let you go at around 7 to 8 miles having fully established on the final approach track, and ask you to dial the tower.

And sorry just saw your location IC...we are probably just a few parallels apart