PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 13th Month
Thread: 13th Month
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2017, 23:59
GTC58

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam,

I do not want this to be a pissing competition either. I am just referring to Trafalgar's post, claiming that the US CBA "clearly states 13th month incorporated" which is not true.

You might be right about the history, however if you would compare the salary scales you will find that US based FO's do not have 13th month incorporated and I only pointed this out to "Air Profit" as he was generalizing that all based officers have the 13th month salary incorporated in their pay scale, which is not true either if you convert salaries to HKG currency and compare.

If you want to talk history the HKAOA actually managed to negotiate a significant pay-cut for US based FO's when COS08 was introduced and was only reversed in a legal settlement due to the thread of legal action (in the US, by 3 US based officers) in regards of age discrimination for those who where on COS99 and signed over to COS08. Those FO's who joined the US base on COS08 will only catch up September 2018 as per negotiation of the new US CBA, meaning that there are still several US based FO's who earn less then what the US pay scales in the current CBA show as they haven't caught up.

Last edited by GTC58; 6th Dec 2017 at 00:32.