PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Direct Entry Commands (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 20:28
Reverend Doctor Doug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fish,

You dissapoint me. For a guy that holds a position in EK that is supposed to represent some sort of integrity, you sure are a bit loose with the facts. Like most of your kind though, you put in the bits that suit your argument, but leave out significant associated points that shoot it to bits.

You make the comment that "we are now allowed to own our own houses" .

Sounds great doesn't it.

You neglected to point out that you can't own the land that they sit on. You may think you do, but the UAE property law unfortunately has no provision for expat ownership of land yet. Nor is it likely to while Sheikh Z is alive. Who holds the land title? When will you get a copy of it with your name on it?

You have completely misrepresented the home ownership situation here. I have found that this type of misrepresentation, by people pretending to present facts, is a common failing of those who are insecure in their decision to come here and must justify their position to all and sundry (themselves included).

You then go on to comment
"And I thought that this was going to develop into an entertaining and enlightening topic, discussed by mature adults. What a fool am I?

Could not have summed it up better myself.

As long as people write useless comments, like the one you made about home ownership, this forum will remain nothing more than an amusing, industry oriented, fiction forum.

If you, or some of the other factually challenged people out there are prepared to take the time to write something, then why not take a bit more time to make it factual. That way you will actually be helping our colleagues who are trying to make an informed decision, rather that feeding them half truths and lies.

Cop U Later

The Rev