PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can They Do This In Queensland?
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2017, 01:58
aaandrogerthat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StickWithTheTruth
He shouldn't have asked, that's a given.

A Spitfire to fly to work every day? Maybe if he'd chosen to fly something more conventional like a 152/172 or perhaps something Rotax powered that's barely louder than a sewing machine, he wouldn't have drawn attention to himself in the first place.

What engine is that thing running? Maybe it does actually sound like a jackhammer every time it takes off...

Would like to hear how big his property actually is, as in acres.

It also smells to me a little like spite on the pilots behalf. 45 mins to drive, ok, what about daily pre-flight, MR, warmup and taxi time, then when he lands at the other end, he has to presumably drive to his office/factory and how long does that take?

I'm just trying to see it from both ends.
Spite??!! "45 mins to drive, ok, what about daily pre-flight, MR, warmup and taxi time, then when he lands at the other end, he has to presumably drive to his office/factory and how long does that take?" Ummm... He has a plane he enjoys flying... I would absolutely love to fly my own plane from my own airstrip to work everyday. I would possibly even get out of bed a little earlier to do so!! His world = Your alternative =

Social media has spawned an entire new realm of outrage, any clown with zero life can garner Simpson like mob behavior (without the actual going outside) from behind a keyboard

Look, that man is enjoying his life and his neat plane!! I'm outraged!!