PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's happy?
Thread: Who's happy?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2017, 12:47
SOPS
short flights long nights

Received 154 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by WindSheer
SOPS, I am now a senior manager in rail having come from aviation. (Started as a driver.....)

The railway is an ok place to work, with good salary and SOME reasonable terms and conditions.
But I am surrounded by people, 98% of who I would never speak to again if I left. Why? Because of the unbelievable negativity on the railway. Driven by the unions! (I am VERY experienced in working with unions).

I keep in touch with so many of my airline colleagues, and I am so jealous of the pride and passion they show for their jobs.

Aviation is a choice that becomes a hobby. Rail is a choice that becomes a chore. (Personal opinion).

Oh and certainly not a dig at SOPS, I hope you are happy and proud of your role in keeping the country moving. This is of course the purpose of the railway, the unions however, they are just looking after their business and political interests, not their members!!
Well can I say mate...at the moment..I have only met happy and positive people ( ok there a few wingers , like everywhere, but most are happy and everyone is very friendly). Im very happy...when I decided to make a clean break from aviation, I walked away. Haven't regretted it up to now..but Im not proud enough to say.."I was wrong", if time proves I was wrong..I will let you know.