PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 4th Dec 2017, 01:29
Lead Balloon

Received 425 Likes on 212 Posts
Originally Posted by Lookleft
Not quite the same as:

but then again only to be expected from someone who once said, then retracted, that the F/O was under no obligation to, and did not speak to the ATSB.

You also said that you once made a mistake. You didn't say that you made plenty of mistakes one of which was your fuel miscalculation. I can be as pedantic as you LB. The difference is I don't find it necessary to prove some sense of intellectual superiority. BTW there is only one Lookleft, the other bloke you refer to is entirely a product of your imagination.

KK-there are crew who would agree with you in both ways that your statement can be interpreted.
The real Lookleft was able to read and had comprehension skills.

From my post #1136:
How about you, LL? Have you ever made a mistake that could have resulted in a bad outcome, but luckily didn’t? (I've made plenty.)
From my post #1141:
Another of you Monday morning quarterbacks has already identified the operational lesson: Don't run out fuel. I've already learnt that lesson. I once landed and uploaded an amount of fuel that was exactly the amount of usable fuel stated in the flight manual for the aircraft. Errors in enroute calculations. Never made the same mistake in the 27 years since. But there for the grace of the Quod (may you be touched by the Quod's noodly appendage).
The bit of the post I retracted was my incorrect assertion that the co-pilot had not volunteered information to the ATSB. But neither the PIC nor the co-pilot was obliged to volunteer information to the ATSB. They can be compelled to under section 32 of the TSI Act. Being compelled is not the same as volunteering.

If it is ‘you’, I’d urge you to get a check for early-onset Alzheimer’s. Your reading and comprehension skills have deteriorated, substantially, and the content of your posts is way out of character. Seriously.

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 4th Dec 2017 at 02:03.