PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 18:04
Rigga

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ACW418
Can I agree with Enigma regarding the HQAC audits. As the OC of a Viking VGS with considerable Quality Management experience after leaving the RAF I complained about the lack of rigour of the audits and the issuing of non-compliances that were completely not acceptable. The response was to send three HQAC Wing Commanders down to the VGS to shut me up. WgCdr Logs who had no experience of Quality Management had absolutely no idea about what I was on about. It was on his watch it went wrong!

ACW
I remember the first MAA audit I witnessed. A full few days at a Eastern Fighter/Bomber base with a team of a dozen or so "SME's" who produced two findings:
1. The colour of flying suits used by civilian pilots was 'untested' by MOD (Civilian suits).
2. The Flame resistance of one Fire-door in the corner of a hangar was 'assumed' to be less than 45 minutes.

This report was a waste of the whole stations efforts and well beyond the remit of an 'airworthiness' authority...in my humble opinion. The MAA, then, were better suited to commenting on building regulations rather than anything to do with aeroplanes.