PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 12:38
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sunji
then why did you join ryanair in the first place ??? all of you "ex-ryr", you joined ryanair aswell and i am 100% sure there have also been people who told you not do it, so what?

i paid my atpl all by myself and i know whats living at the limits trust me. i lived the last 3 years in a basement.

this tread is to help people get trough the interview and sim and not ****-talking the company. do you really think we are that stupid so we dont understand their practices? before i applied i talked to like 4 ryanair pilots to get to know how daily life was.

the situation is still dire as it was last year, do you know how hard it is to get a job as a cadet? every airline is asking for a valid TR and 500+ hours. we just want a job and if it means to have a hard start then so be it.
I thought you might ask.

I was lucky to land a job as an FI after I finished training just before the financial crisis. I got me my first 1000hrs before I was laid off when the crisis hit. fast forward 200 applications and I finally decided to try Ryanair. A decision I have always felt was in PURE desperation! I worked out, but at a cost I think.

Being without a job after the crisis is in no way comparable to todays market. In my company, half of the new FO's got a job while still doing their CPL. Our company simply went to the flight schools to recruit early. 10 years ago, I would have simply not believed that would ever be remotely possible. It has gone from being: "wow, I just landed my first job flying tourists around the flag pole twice a week" to "wow, I just landed my first job - and it's on a 737/airbus". Massive difference!

I think it is incredibly ignorant not to take both the good and bad advice from colleagues in the community. As I wrote before, I DO know RYR pilots who are happy. I would say its about 50%. mostly because they are based close to home. With my current lot, I would say it's closer to 90. And I'm still in low cost!

Starting a career with RYR today is much more a choice than it was before in my opinion. It's way more expensive than it was back then. The salary is lower from what they paid me, and you WILL have to wait for your LT to start or there will be far between your training days.

If you join, I sincerely hope things have changed by the time you are ready to start your training, and I hope I am massively mistaken. But I'm not holding my breath.....