PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 2nd Dec 2017, 08:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
An acquaintance of mine who knew the PIC while in the military said that he wasn't surprised when he found out that he was flying this aircraft.
That anecdote can be read one of two ways. I like many others knew the PICs weekend “hobby” and when we heard a Hunter had gone in we “weren’t surprised when we found out he was flying the aircraft.”...

If OTOH your acquaintance was commenting on the PICs competence then in the interests of fairness to AH I will say that your acquaintance’s POV is not one shared by many (if any ) of those those who knew him/flew with him/were instructed by him/instructed him in the military or BA. I have no idea of opinion on his reputation within the air show circuit and no wish to prompt debate on that here.

I am however mindful that over the years I have lost several colleagues or ex-colleagues in display flying accidents (flying vintage jets, vintage pistons and in one case a modern jet as part of a team) and so am slightly aware of what an unforgiving environment it can be for even the most diligent to work in.

Last edited by wiggy; 2nd Dec 2017 at 14:21.