PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Dec 2017, 23:22
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. I actually had to re-activate my profile to get this off my chest after reading the "If you only have negative things to say, keep it to yourself" posts!

I did "my time" in Ryanair as well, and boy are you in for a surprise if you think the almost 30K is enough to complete all of it and get the career started.

So many things can happen! I have current friends in the company who have had to wait much longer that the 30 days, and a few even more than 4 months. And this was before the mass exodus a couple of months ago!

If you REALLY want to consider RYR as your future employer, please listen to what the guys are telling you! You might be based somewhere far from home, sitting is a hotel on endless standbys waiting for your LT to start. Come summer you will see hotel/airb&b prices soar as the tourist season starts, and before you know it you will be maxed out on your credit cards or mom and dads money!

Back when I was in the company, I only had to wait around a month from TR end to LT start, and I STILL had to pay much more in expenses than I would have ever believed! and I was living in an awful apartment in one of Europes least expensive cities, and all I was allowing myself to do all day was to eat eggs, oatmeal and whatever cheap basic food I could find. This is simply just the reality of it all. The pay during LT is also extremely low, and I will be surprised if you make it out of the first 1-1,5 years in the company without juuust breaking even while saving up for a slow winter, paying off debt and creditcards.

If you still think RYR is for you, then donīt let me or anyone else stop you - but please listen to what we tell you!

There are other options out there at the moment! At least give it a good try, before you decide on this company!

I know you may have met loads of RYR guys who seem happy, and I will not deny that there are loads out there who consider themselves lucky for the time being. But be prepared to loose a lot of money in the beginning, and have your affairs in order with the taxman while you are in there! I went through a full audit when I left, and in my current company, I know so many ex-Ryr guys who have had to pay back loads of tax back once they returned to their home country!

You are truly on your own with this company. (Ryr contract or not) If you can accept it - Fine. But once you have seen "the other side" in a proper company you will join us "ex-ryr" boys and girls in our efforts to warn future colleges.

Ps. I totally agree with the previous post about the "Swedish house mafia". This is NOT the average or even below average life of a RYR pilot.

Good luck