PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - installing FF update manually on latest Linux Mint
Old 1st Dec 2017, 21:16
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
installing FF update manually on latest Linux Mint

I have grabbed the latest version of Firefox browser (v57?) on my slowwwwwwww netbook as it promised to be the fastest version ever. It certainly seems to drag the machine down a lot less.

Today, when the FF v54 on my Linux Mint machine flagged up that my browser was a bit out of date and ought to be updated for security reasons I clicked to accept. It went to the FF download website and I found the Linux versions. It downloaded and un-Tar ed and then................. Nothing happened.

I am used to Windoz stuff which downloads, installs etc all automatically. How should I manually drive the installation to put it in. I looked into the software manager, it doesn't have v57 on offer yet, the best it can do is the same version that I already have.

Ta.

Rans6......................

ps I will not be looking to attempt this until Sunday evening so if I don't come back on here until then please don't take offence. I will be grateful for your suggestions.