PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 1st Dec 2017, 17:53
NWCoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We don’t have to «believe» it blindly, we’ve BEEN THERE, we’ve DONE THAT.

You truly don’t get it, the wait for the TR-course to start is irrelevant.
What will truly make you feel the burn is time spent waiting for line training, furthermore how long you’ll be in that training hamster wheel once it starts.

A TR is worthless unless you get to 500 hours basically. Now, in the time spent between the course and waiting for your line training you’ll have to stay current on type; Guess what? FR won’t cover that, you as bogus-self-employed will.

In my case, I only had to wait a few weeks. But already back in 2015 there was a lack of trainers with hours to spare, so as you do; You end up spending countless periods of 5 days on standby in a random village somewhere you most likely don’t speak the language and the locals rarely speak English.

You will of course have the pleasure of covering all costs yourself HOTAC, travel and food.

I had to blow my credit card limit, then whatever peanuts I got from FR, I spent paying the bare minimum back to the bank. Just to avoid getting into even deeper

Congratulations your attitude already sucks, as you won’t accept friendly advise from those who have lived it.

Stay well clear of BS such as the “Swedish flight mafia” their propaganda revolves around what they managed to acquire by means of playing the “look at me in my bikini card.” That is not the life that awaits you, unless you’re a reasonably attractive female who has no quarrels about buying followers to get your completely unbalanced happy-go-lucky account up and running on IG.

You have ABSOLUTELY no experience in the actual business, but tell those who do to PFO because you, of course, know far better than us all.

In times as these, when the outlook is pointing up for pilots, it is worth to take in that it does NOT mean; a good time to join Ryanair. Quite the opposite. Our general situation has become better because people LEAVE FR and their rotten practices.
In droves.

If one is to join anyway, do so EYES WIDE OPEN. Listen to those who have gone before you, and be ready for the hurt. Also quite possibly be prepared to lose your passion for it all, as reality of the struggle sets in.
Financial difficulties caused by your “job” and no support from your “employer” is a fickle b@#ch.

You’ll just ignore what I’ve said anyway, as all those who are not applying to FR in this thread know nothing, and are pessimistic according to you.
It’s not pessimism, it’s reality for those who have been in your shoes at a earlier stage.