PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 A/T use during approach and G/A.
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2017, 14:52
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We did notice this time, later better than never..lol...that during a Go Around when Derated and/or combination with ATM, pushing Toga gaves You just a reduced thrust fpr just that engine rate so, we used to push Toga twice!

I don't understand this. Derated & ATM are Takeoff thrust settings not GA thrust settings. TOGA on a GA is a reduced thrust from full GA to give 1000-2000fpm. That thrust will vary e.g. heavy weights, hot & high airfields, tailwinds. It doesn't matter if the engine is limited to 22K 24K 26K or higher. V/S is there parameter monitored and the EEC will command what is necessary. Why such a wide spread in V/S? No idea, but I assume that 1000fpm will handle all GA performance parameters with ease, and so this was a chosen minimum.
Is full GA thrust on a 22k different to full GA on a 26K engine? I suspect it might be because operators will choose 26K and high MTOW for their network. It would be a sad day if you returned for an overweight landing on 1 engine and wanted to make a GA, but sank slowly onto terra firma anyway. I don't know it for a fact, but I suspect it.
Either way, whatever engine 1 xTOGA should give minimum 1000fpm on the a/c. If the sim doesn't then I'd investigate with the engineers.