PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - London city airport
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2001, 20:55
Christopher James

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hi F4F & RD

Yep... I sit watching 'em happen, with our conflict alert (which I don't believe your Thames and City boys have) going beserk! But as RD says, obviously you all find it such fun that you keep going back for more!!

AS far as own NAV (chuckle) before the (chuckle chuckle) Pole!! (chuckle, chuckle, chuckle) is concerned (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,) when did you last visit TC?? (Anybody got a clothes brush, I seem to have fallen over). Come and 'ave a gander and you won't need to ask. As a Heathrow man a cannot give you a definative answer but I do sit close to the boys 'clinging on' in TMA NE and NW. It has to be seen to be believed, particularly early morning or tea time. How shall I put this? ...everything is on a heading and every heading is avoiding action!

Seriously, just for a moment: The TMA works by each track being carefully positioned on the correct side of an airway or clear of another departure track or around the XXX hold etc. It is no longer an 'own NAV' environment until you are reasonably high. For instance, you would think that BB and CC are sufficiently far from LC not to affect you too much? If you are northbound out of LC you are a direct conflict to most of it and you have to be vecored against it.

Hope that helps.

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: ZeroNine Left ]