PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Snow falls on Kent - in June
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2017, 23:59
patowalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by piperboy84
£2.5m worth of Colombian marching powder in a microlight? Makes you wonder why Pablo Escobar faffed about with those gas guzzling maintenance hog twin Cessnas.
In a previous life I had a client in Barranquilla, Colombia who came to see me for a loan of 400.000 pesos, to stock up with manual hydraulic presses. He said: "I can't keep up with sales to the guajiros (natives of Guajira on the border with Venezuela). They are coming in with backpacks full of cash, loading the presses in their pickups and rushing back home to compress bales of marijuana down to brick size." No need to explain that these would end up in the aircraft, flown by Vietnam vets, that landed in the desert at night to unload electrical goods and load weed for the return journey.

The next I knew was that my diving buddy, the US Vice-Consul in Barranquilla, was off to visit a badly burned American under police guard in a Guajira hospital. The poor sod was the pilot of a Cessna twin that failed to take-off and crashed full of compressed marijuana. They had miscalculated the weight of those bricks.