PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Direct Entry Commands (merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 13:55
millerscourt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Knight How you left your last company before joining EK matters not a jot. I was merely pointing out that there is no going back for the majority of Pilots who join any expat airline so you had better like it and make the most of it.That applies to me as well.

It seems to me that everyone joining EK is looking for a quick command.Unless EK have also taken a lot of very inexperienced Pilots as well then there are going to be a lot of disappointed frustrated F/O's around when the Commands dry up.

You of course came from what I would call almost the bottom tier of UK aviation,even though as a Captain so have less to lose??

I infact agree with all you say about the UK!! Some people however seem to think that just because the salary is ' TAXFREE' that it must be a good deal. You have to consider what it buys.

As others have said you will soon realise that once in Dubai you are the poor relation compared to other 1st World expats.
In Singapore most expats rental allowance is more than my salary!!

I note you have a place in Costa Del Boy! So do most of the plumbers and market traders from South London. The only difference is they have paid Cash whereas I suspect you have a large mortgage. I would have thought you had seen enough of Sun and Sand in Dubai without wanting anymore of it on holiday!!

Maybe we can discuss this further when I perhaps join EK as a Direct Captain on the A340!!!!