PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAIB investigation to Hawker Hunter T7 G-BXFI 22 August 2015
Old 30th Nov 2017, 15:39
roving

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by excrab
eal401

I don't blame the victims for being killed. However what incites me are the legal vultures who after any aviation accident or incident are desperate not to find the cause of the accident so that similar events can be prevented, but who are desperate to find a scapegoat in order that someone can be sued and that a percentage of the monies awarded can find its way into their pockets.
As I posted here recently the insurers of the aircraft admitted liability shortly after the accident and the compensation claims were settled promptly.

Top accident solicitors and barristers had no need to ramp up claims here. If an aircraft falls out of the sky and injures someone on the ground, there is strict liability.

In point of fact the damages arising from death are very modest and are fixed by law. Consequential damages where the deceased person was the breadwinner for dependents are determined on a mathematical basis.