PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thunderbird One fired...
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2017, 06:25
F-16GUY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gums
Salute!

I did not like the Dayton accident, but I place more blame on the young nugget with minimal time in the jet and I do not think the boss had much say about that, but you never know. The C. Springs thing was a different matter, and the boss was different.

My suspicion is that there is a "personal" problem here.

Gums opines..
Gums,

I respectfully disagree. Blaming the FNG is all about not accepting the fact that supervision was not done properly. Faulty supervision always points back to leadership, and this is why #1 was fired. If you have a pilot with minimal time on the jet, you make sure he is trained, briefed and supervised until he has proven that he can be let loose on his own, and even then, you continue to supervise him. Had the T-birds supervised this pilot properly, he would never have ended up in a corner with no options to divert and no skills to solve the situation without ending up inverted on the grass at the far end.

I recognize that the pilot in this incident had plenty of experience on the Hawg, but that is a total different animal than the Viper, and you can not just assume that experience from one jet will do you any good on another type. Of course, had this incident happened in the Hawg, it would have happily gone off-roading without flipping over.

Last edited by F-16GUY; 30th Nov 2017 at 07:29.