PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2017, 05:23
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lee Baker Street
I see LTN airport preparing for it's next faze which is to build a further 15--18 new stands with a satellite building that will provide for the next generation of growth.

The building may have tinted glass with hints of orange and be self efficient...
I would love to know where you got that snippet of information from particularly its location. Any new development now firmly seems to be within the airport boundary. The 2012 masterplan did state that the capacity of the airport within its own boundary was 18 million passengers but there are now plans to extend and not replace the long term car park onto Wigmore Park which is being challenged.

It seems that any plans for terminal 2 on Wigmore Park have been dropped which would leave just the existing long term car park open for development. The airport plan is to build part of a business park on part of this car park behind the Harrods hangars though.

As I said a while ago the airport were allegedly looking at a plan to build terminal 2 within the CTA by I assume the second multi-storey car park on the new location for the car hire centre. This would mean a remote apron on what was left of the existing long term car park I would have thought. Not a great place on the wrong side of 2 taxiways unless a tunnel or bridge was put in for passenger access.

Last edited by LTNman; 30th Nov 2017 at 05:56.