PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can They Do This In Queensland?
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2017, 01:59
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sunfish
Apparently Queensland local councils have the power to regulate the use of private airstrips. Is this legitimate or is there something else going on??????.....
I had a read of the news paper link background story. Apparently there is a complaining horse owner next door..
I recently took a bike ride around a near Brisbane horse stabling/paddocking area. Lovely white post and rail fences along the road frontages with mobs of horses at the fences watching the noisy traffic go by - and my KTM 1290 don't go by discreetly.. So much for horses being bothered by passing noise. My own horses will mob my still running helicopter if I'm dumb enuf to land it next to the feed shed.

Having a google earth look-see of the area around Koah I see several back yard motor cross tracks around the area. One track looks to be over ten acres in size. So much for the quiet country area..

Last time I flew up 'back-o-Cairns' I seen large numbers of scenery destroying wind power generators on the hill tops not far from Koah. Obviously the local council don't give a flyingFeck about scenic amenity..