PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Failed my Class 1 and my Class 2's gone. What now?
Old 29th Nov 2017, 14:14
Dring

Originally Posted by B2N2
And you’re doing this on your own without supervision or having reciv d training
I have been told how to do so by my auntie who is a pharmacist. My GP has given me several coping strategies that work such as applied tension or exercise prior to having such a procedure. I have figured that if I can administer a pinprick on myself (as was offered at my Class 1 initial) then it will be no issue. This, in turn, will hopefully reduce the irrational fear as I can train my body into not having an adverse reaction. Regarding training, the person who performed the pinprick on me at the Class 1 initial was the AME's secretary so I would hardly call her a medical professional.

being asked to donate blood in flight
Now correct me if I am wrong, no situation has ever arisen and will not ever arise as the blood type would need to be known (I have no clue what my blood type is, neither do many others). Even being asked I would be fine with, watching someone else give blood I AM fine with. Pre-syncope ONLY occurs when I am given warning of such a procedure being performed on myself and happens seconds before the event with a recovery of about 30 seconds.