PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Recruiting
Thread: BA Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2003, 06:07
Kempus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

Probs be better in the wannabes form this question.

Well, i too in the future would like to get to the flight deck. Being a member of cabin crew has certianly shown me alot about the industry and how an airline works but perhaps most importantly, the role of an airline pilot. Seems strange but perhaps the least important skill to an airline pilot is his or her's flying ability(within reason).

I know alot of pilots who have started off as cabin crew/gound ops and have only become interested in flying whilst in that job.

Probs the best bit of advice is yes do it, you'll learn so much but please listen to what Jet A1 is saying! Best not mention you wanna fly at this early stage. When you get to know the crew(those in the back, on the ground, in the office, even crewing, we all play an important part) you can start putting training capt biggles or who ever for references and recodmendations.

Cabin crew is a good job, its fun, its different. I've met the most wonderful girl ever through it so please dont be put off by people automatically stereo typing you as thick and the rest!

Which ever way you go, i would certainly recomend the flying!, best of luck

kempus