PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astraeus Expansion - Current Conditions and Thoughts...
Old 16th Sep 2003, 06:04
Lavdumperer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Astraeus Expansion - Current Conditions and Thoughts...

Probably a good question for Capt. Pprune and Hamrah (and the recruits profiled a few months back),

I understand that Astraeus is set to expand in the next few years with either 737-700s or A319s (per the Flight International article). I have also reviewed past postings related to Astraeus and they have been helpful but now a bit dated... Perhaps Astraeus people could answer some of the questions below:

1. Have many Astraeus pilots left for Easyjet or Ryanair - what about the trainees?

2. How would you describe the "feeling" among Astraeus pilots now that the airline is established and set to expand? Pretty optimistic and happy?

3. How many hours can a new FO expect per month?

4. Are there any nightstops (any examples) or are most of the flights out and back? How many sectors per day on average?

5. As far as variety of flying, what is the furthest afield you have flown - any specific exotic locations you like? What is the best and worst route experienced in your opinion?

6. Lastly - what about hiring projections? I know about the self-sponsorship type program (I have seen the ads). How many will likely be added in the next year or so?

Thanks for the input. I have been very impressed with the growth of this airline. I would love to see an aviation video (either ITVV or Worldairrtoues) made using Astraeus and its 700s and 300s - perhaps Hamrah could entertain us again - I really enjoyed his GO video - excellent.

Cheers