PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's happy?
Thread: Who's happy?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2017, 18:36
semmern

Location: Utterly insignificant little blue-green planet, unregarded yellow sun, unfashionable end, western spiral arm, Milky Way
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LlamaFarmer
In winter I hardly ever do 4 sector days, and when I do, they're not exactly brutal.

In December I've got a double GVA and that's it. I didn't have any 4 sector days in November, and only one in October.

In summer, the days that are 4-sector can be a killer, but again theres usually only 2 of those a block I find. And when we get Preferential Bidding early next year we can choose, to some extent, what we would prefer to do or not.

Summer is busy yeah, but if you need to, you call in fatigued. Not once have I ever had that questioned by management, I have total confidence in doing so. If it's a silly block of duties then I just won't do it, and I'm not worried that I'll have to justify it. I think they realise having to take one or two days off from time to time is better for the company than dragging yourself through and going long-term sick for 4 months with chronic fatigue.
In December I have nine days with four or more sectors. Two of six, and two five-sector days. A month or two ago I was at 915 hours over the rolling year. Scandi flag carrier. Six sectors in winter, with 25-minute turnarounds and de-icing, plus snow and poor braking action. Not doing 30 more years of that!