PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2017, 17:26
Connedrod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by haydnc
Stiller! I couldn't do it.

And that's okay for it to say that. None of mine do.

Haydn
As you reminded us all, may i suggest if you are the owner it is your responsibility to issue the following. Also ask your phd law man what the the trem" duty of care" and how it would relate in a civil court in the event of an accident if an awb was not compiled with.

41 Maintenance schedule and maintenance instructions

(1) The holder of the certificate of registration for a class B aircraft must ensure that all maintenance required to be carried out on the aircraft (including any aircraft components from time to time included in or fitted to the aircraft) by the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is carried out when required by that schedule.

Penalty: 50 penalty units.

(2) A person must not use a class B aircraft in an operation if there is not a maintenance schedule for the aircraft that includes provision for the maintenance of all aircraft components from time to time included in, or fitted to, the aircraft.

Penalty: 50 penalty units.

(3) An offence against subregulation (1) or (2) is an offence of strict liability.

If the maintenance schedule for a class B aircraft is defective or no longer appropriate, the holder of the certificate of registration for the aircraft, within 7 days after becoming aware of the defect, or that the schedule is inappropriate, must report the situation to CASA and take one of the following actions to ensure that the aircraft has a maintenance schedule that is appropriate and not defective:

(a) if the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule:

(i) elect to use the CASA maintenance schedule as the aircraft’s maintenance schedule; or

(ii) under regulation 42J, request CASA or an authorised person to approve a system of maintenance for the aircraft;

(b) if the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is the CASA maintenance schedule:

(i) elect to use the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule as the maintenance schedule for the aircraft; or

(ii) under regulation 42J, request CASA or an authorised person to approve a system of maintenance for the aircraft;

(c) if the aircraft’s maintenance schedule is an approved system of maintenance:

(i) under regulation 42P, request CASA to approve a proposed change to the system; or

(ii) elect to use the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule as the maintenance schedule for the aircraft; or

(iii) elect to use the CASA maintenance schedule as the maintenance schedule for the aircraft.

Penalty: 25 penalty