PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2017, 15:20
Skipness One Echo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2...Back in the day & for instance then would you have forecast the rise of an Irish airline with one EMB110 to well over 400 Boeings & counting.
Nope, and have admitted to both this, also on several occasions with reference to the small Luton based carrier who operated ex Britannia B737-200s to Glasgow.
1...Inherent in your work do you feel you are constantly looking backward & therefore failing to see the newer models?.
No, I am surrounded by career marketeers who advance themselves by constant "disruption", change and progress which equates to cyclical behaviour in management. My role is to contextualise before someone spends millons on a half baked idea which has a 1/100 chance. "Newer models" are interesting but do need to be backed by very deep pockets. Jet2 is an old model, not a new one (!)
3...Would you have predicted the rise of the "big" alliances(tho they are of course the real grist to your mill)...& do you predict now their general demise?.
Given they were formed when I was at school, er no. Unless you mean Groups like IAG then yes, that was the model that the industry has been chasing since BA's abortive merger with KLM in the 90s.They serve a purpose so long as they don't stray too close to behaving like a cartel, on balance I think they're very beneficial.
4...Oh & as you pick up EXS would have advised or even strong armed PM into putting the 1.4m seats in next summer? from zero a year ago.
Not being a humourist or an MBNA they are tho genuine questions. Ta.)
Not yet having those MBNA qualifications you entreated all to get before we could criticize a totally failing for all to see top management at MON back in late September there are several questions for you.
OK those last two aren't even sentences.... I think you mean MBA? MBNA is a credit card and I have never tried to sell the benefits of financial services on pprune.
It's really good to see LS at STN, however the growth numbers being bandied about are extraordainary, which whilst not impossible now MON have gone are still very punchy.

Last edited by Skipness One Echo; 28th Nov 2017 at 15:38.