PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Working With EK on New Order for Flagship A380
Old 28th Nov 2017, 08:54
Mr Mac

Received 164 Likes on 100 Posts
IRONBUT57
Its taken a while to come back to you re the 380. You may have a point with the economy of a twin in comparison with 4 and therefore fuel burn, but my point was about the passenger experience which far outstrips that on offer on the 777 on which ever carrier. Also with regards further orders for the 380 by EK what I would say is that some of your 380 are getting quite worn, and the replacement's( judging by the one I flew out of Man on the lunchtime service on the 17/11) are needed, if they are going to be retained, which given the investment made would seem that they are for the foreseeable future anyway.

As for cost cutting by accountants I have noticed (having flown with you since pre 2000) the accountants axe at work on your services since around 2010, and that is just related to on board food and beverage service. Accountants never seem to run good businesses they need an industry professional in any business who knows what the company does, be it aviation or any other business. They keep the score so to speak, it is for others to make the business a success be it by product and or service. My own sector in construction is currently riddled (in the UK at least) by once large companies being brought low by accountants / Quantity surveyors who have graduated to senior management, which they now seem incapable of actually running the business by making unwise decisions purely based on producing short term figures . Anyway rant over as I am now waiting to board one of your 777 bound for DXB from Cape Town for the long haul home.

Regards
Mr Mac