PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HKAOA -losing the plot?
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2017, 01:26
Coconutruff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And yet whilst reading your comments pleases me Trafalgar, I am dismally unconvinced that what you are saying is reality. Already in the last 2 weeks, a number of senior guys that I have flown with have already seemed to resign themselves to the fact that we are going to ‘get screwed again’ and that ‘its going to happen whether we like it or not’. I just can’t believe that there are so many pilots in this airline who remain so intimidated by this company’s past actions and are prepared to sit back and take the pineapple while others are trying to fight the worthy battle on their behalf.

I have flown for multiple airlines in the past 12 years and I can swear on my childrens lives that I have never met such a bunch of sell outs as I have in the last 5 years here. Seriously - we are in the throws of getting the biggest pineapple known to man after have been fed pineapple for the last however long and yet we still have pilots that show up to company organised functions (747 drinks most recently), we still have pilots that are putting their smug faces on company propaganda (latest cargo clan as an example) and there seems to be no roar, in fact not even so much as a mere squeak of defiance as to what is potentially approaching??

I mean seriously - the amount of guys that said if this company touch ARAPA they would be on the first flight out..... now all of a sudden they are saying ‘well we will just wait and see what they are going to offer’.

Its worse to watch than an abused woman going back to her wife beating husband time and time again because deep down she believes that he is only doing it because he really loves her.

I deeply hope that the masses in this airline will prove me wrong and I will gladly walk the line if it comes to that (which I am beginning to hope it will) - however the more I look around, the more disappointed, despondent and damn right pissed off I am starting to become.