PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 22:47
eukeybound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nexttime
I've been humming and harring about expressing my feelings with Qantas recruitment and thought I would share my experience to get it off my chest.

I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to progress to the 2nd stage - interview, 1 on 1, group activity ect but was unsuccessful in getting through to the sim.
Echoing the comments above, don't beat yourself up about it. It's hard getting through the entire process and unless you get the dreaded "Don't apply again" email, it doesn't mean they don't want you or that you aren't good enough, it just means at the moment, your application overall isn't as competitive as some others.

They are putting people through the defer (12 month) process just to give them time to gain more experience, improve their skills, polish up etc. before coming back. I know a lot of people who have been deferred for various reasons including, lack of recent flying, poor IFR knowledge, an average of median results across the assessment to that point i.e. Psych testing etc.

I also know that many of them have given up the chase and are looking elsewhere, with a sour taste in their mouth. The best piece of advice I ever got given was you have to be extraordinarily determined to make it in this industry. The speedbumps and challenges never stop coming and you will fail more than once (or 10 times). You have to want it more than anything.

Also, send them an email and ask for feedback. The QLink roadshow indicated that they are more than happy to provide feedback if requested and if it's appropriate to do so i.e. they don't think you're a closet psychopath. Definitely ask the question!!

EDIT: And stay positive! There are enough whingers and piss poor attitudes on here to stop a fleet of A380's getting off the ground (not everyone obviously) so don't let them get to you. Keep the chin up and keep swinging!