PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USAF Pilot Retention Rates & Bonuses
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 22:35
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute!

I am not sure that a CW3 would want to bail out real quick, but it has to do with the "contract" for "x" years.

The U.S. Army had thousands of those CW folks during 'nam, and we still have them. In other words, we had "technicians" or "mechanics" and they were not dedicated career military types that wanted or desired "flag" rank ( like me! heh heh)

If the warrant officer folks like being constantly deployed to the sandbox far into the future, great. Somehow I don't think they want that and will bail soon as they can. It ain't about the money!!! Dammit!!!!

To keep on and keeping on you, have to really have faith that you are contributing to some noble cause and not just "doing your job".

I fully agree about pilots. navigators, systems operators and other crew positions that do not need to have a person with a college degree in social studies!!! So no requirement to have a college degree, and I could have done just as well in my training with just a high school education and being able to read and write and do simple math.

Gums opines...