PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UFlyMike Harmony Review
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 16:05
amith013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Received!

For comparison, I have used a Bose X (Uncomfortable after 2 hours), a Zulu Lightspeed (Great headset, but bulky and sometimes get weird oscillating wind noise if I turn my head), David Clark (Old reliable, no ANR but simple and comfortable, and zero issues after nearly 10 years of use!), and now the QC25 UFLYMike.

Waited about 12 weeks to get my Uflymike package but their customer service rep was really good about replying to messages promptly and was nice to deal with.

Initial Impression: Very nice high quality case, slightly wider than the QC25 case and a nice blue color. Everything I ordered arrived correctly, and each cable came separately packaged. The mono/stereo switch is not in the same place as the volume dials, which are very small. There are 2 volume dials, a phone/airplane switch, and a gain adjustment, so maybe a bit less user friendly than other headsets. The microphone boom is very thin compared to other headsets, so while I like how lightweight it is, I worry that it may get snagged or not be very durable. Will just have to wait and see.

The controllers I talked to seemed to have a hard time hearing my transmissions, and that was everyone from a class D ground guy to a class B approach controller. On my end I could hear everyone clearly. May have to play with the gain some more.

Of course, the whole point of this headset is the versatility and lightweightness of it, and in those departments, it's a top notch option. I'm also a crew chief on a KC-135 and always fly with my QC25 on long flights. The comfort and noise cancelling of this headset cannot be beat. I love that I can listen to music, sleep, and now with the uflymike U-174U adapter, I can plug in and hear the pilots discuss where to grab drinks when we land.