PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who's happy?
Thread: Who's happy?
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 09:33
Stone Cold II

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
I’m with the orange, LHS and happy. Home every day, pay is excellent, nice xmas bonus, 15% loyalty bonus, a regional base makes it a different airline to LGW and finally the crews are top people.

As for 4 sector days every day, I haven’t done a 4 sector day for a month. Tomorrow I just do a quick Paris, next day just a quick Glasgow and back. Most schedule short haul airlines will have some 4 sector days, the working day is no longer though than most charter holiday flights with the long flights to turkey etc, going to Glasgow is long enough. Schedule can be frantic at times in the summer and a few times I’ve looked at it and said that’s not going to work, but I don’t worry about it. If we are late we are late and I’m not busting a gut to achieve unrealistic block times.

I’m up to 740 hours rolling 12 months.

It’s not perfect, but it one of the best seats in the UK in my opinion. Would like to see the leave system overhauled a little, but a bidding system now comes into effect early next year for rosters.

Wouldn’t leave to join another short haul operation as there is no point, would only leave if I wish to go long haul, fancy it but not enough to risk giving up what I have.

Last edited by Stone Cold II; 27th Nov 2017 at 10:11.