PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2017, 02:59
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you have clearly stated an awb is not law please
Conned Rod,
CASA clearly state a AWB is not law, all I do is agree with CASA. Depending on circumstances, it may well be an "acceptable means of compliance".

---- that I know of---
Eddie,

Many, of which I am very aware, would not appreciate my posting anything here that might otherwise identify.

Part of my point is that many CASA NCNs would never have occurred in the FAA (or NZ or Canadian) system, because NCN was based on the complex and prescriptive nature of Australian regulation, in the other jurisdictions, the matter would not arise.

Further, in those systems, in most matters that do arise, an "educational" approach is properly used, rather than raising audit reports, listing NCNs and invoking a time consuming acquittal/penalty system. The latter is reserved for what any of us would recognise as deserving of formal sanction.

A completely disproportionate level of cost, in almost every area of Australian aviation, is in dealing with "legal" completion of paperwork, with no necessary contribution to improved air safety.

All NAAs have paperwork, but in Australia it is entirely disproportionate to hours of hands on, on actual aircraft. In the US, there is national legislation, that is enforced on FAA, to limit paperwork, FAA must justify it.

What utter unsubstantiated bullsh1t. Go home and fix your ultralight.
Eddie,
Clearly, you have not read the Forsyth Report, or many other inquiry reports into CASA and its predecessors, over many years.

Unfortunately, the major's submissions to Forsyth were confidential, which, if nothing else, says something (and I do know what) about their reluctance to make any public criticism of CASA, after what happened to Tiger. And what do I know --- that much to the surprise of Forsyth and Co., the major's complaints were largely the same as the little end of town. But the $$$ costs are much bigger.

But, they have one great advantage, they can and have moved most of their maintenance offshore --- and for those of you who console yourselves that it is "just cheap Asian labor", explain the huge QANTAS investment in US, or why you will find QANTAS A330 in Hamburg. In the aviation business, "Cheap Asian labor" is a myth, "high productivity" is not.

Sunfish,
You have nailed it!!.

Tootle pip!!

Last edited by LeadSled; 27th Nov 2017 at 04:14. Reason: typo, para added.