PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2017, 22:52
Eddie Dean

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two types of FAA Mechanic licence, on shore and off shore.
You will need to convince the FAA of the reason for the offshore licence.
McDermott Aviation out of Cooroy QLD, are running their Bell214s on the N register, they presented a very good case to CASA to allow them to do this.

If you are flying a N registered aircraft in Australia you will need a FAA pilots licence or an authority from CASA to allow you to be PIC.

As far as the maintenance for a N registered aircraft, as well as a FAA mechanic's certificate, you are going to need a FAA approved workshop to allow release to service after scheduled maintenance. The same applies should you want to go to the NZ regulations.

The use of nitrogen instead of air, interesting thoughts from some, so explain this: The pressure for aircraft tyres(tires for the US brethren) is the same whether it is Nitrogen, dehydrated air(that stuff in the bottles) or from the air compressor. Surely it would be different values if this was important.

The issue of the sparkplug tester is just so much foofle dust as far as I can work out. Mark the gauge as "For Reference Only" and go about your business.

The Australian Regulations for maintenance are not that difficult to interpret, if some one with grade 9 education can successfully understand the INTENT of the aforementioned rules, I feel you highly educated contributors to this thread should have no problems.

A final thought: some here seem to see the requirements for maintenance pursuant to AD/ENG/4 is to **** them around, when infact it is to ensure the engine is safe for release to service. If you are of a mind to, just pencil whip the whole servicing and go on your way, as ConnedRod has intimated, the maintainers couldn't give a **** what you do. Go kill yourself and your family.

Last edited by Eddie Dean; 26th Nov 2017 at 23:07. Reason: More to say