PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Moving to USA
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2017, 19:52
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by bafanguy
havick,

Yes, it sounds like that's the case and I'm glad to see it.

DL, however, has no formal, guaranteed "flow" arrangement with its wholly-owned, Endeavor. They have a "guaranteed" interview via some LOA that came with NWA, IIUC.

I'd have to dig up a contract and read...which I'm too lazy to do. I see nothing currently being said about an actual flow like AA has with its wholly-owneds. I'm happy to be corrected from a documented source.

If one tracks the reports on RST about the "Endeavor-only" interview days in Hapeville, they hire surprisingly few of the "guaranteed" interviewees compared to street urchins. I doubt it's a reflection on the interviewees but rather DL avoiding depleting staff at a wholly-owned which CEO, Ed Bastion, is on record as saying he has NO intention of folding into mainline.

If DL were wise, they'd have a formal flow. Who ever thought one would say DL should be more like AA ?

P.S. The above doesn't account for the relative handful hired under the ill fated E2D program. Not sure what the disposition of those folks is/will be.

P.P.S. OK...I found a flicker of motivation and looked at the PWA and found LOA #9 involving Compass Airlines mentioning what sounds like a guaranteed flow up under some specified conditions. I started reading and saw the number of "WHEREFOREs and WHEREASs"...and suddenly ran out of motivation again. It's a fleeting thing these days.

Someone will come along shortly to explain how/if this is even being implemented. Neither the Compass nor Trans States website mentions a guaranteed flow to DL. You'd expect to see them shouting that deal from the rooftops if it were still in effect.

Zondaracer ?

http://www.compassairline.com/careers/pages/pilots.aspx

http://www.transstates.net/careers/Pages/pilots.aspx
Yes i was referring to the likes of Envoy, PSA, Piedmont that has contractual flow to AA mainline.