PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shackleton MR2 WR963
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2017, 16:20
WR963

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I've been quiet for a while, it doesn't mean we've not been busy...quite the opposite. Thank you everyone for the continued support, both on here and other forums and social media, it does mean a lot to us all.

So...what have we been up to? The answer is a lot of planning for next year, and a lot of preparation for next weeks dusk run. Tired of problems this past year we've been checking and rechecking everything before next week, and even conducted a short 4 engine run last weekend. I'm pleased to report everything went fine, a couple of small snags, one being a recurring oil weep on the number 4 engine which we'll keep an eye on and fix over winter. It won't affect next weeks run though.

We also had the pleasure of giving several local air cadets a tour of the aircraft inside and out, we try to do as many tours as possible throughout the year as it helps get our name out there, and the more people that hear about us the better chance we have...plus we all like talking about '963!

We're still working on the covers which is turning into a bigger task than we liked, but the bungees on most of them have been replaced and before we leave next week they will all be in place, keeping '963 as dry as possible.

With regards to NDT testing, yes it will be going ahead. We have the money for it, all we're waiting for is available indoor space to conduct it. It will come in time though and as soon as I know something I'll be sure to post up and let everyone know.

We have some big plans for 2018, that I can't really go in to right now...but they're really going to be good. 2018 is going to be a fun year, and we'll be attempting a few things we've not done before...