PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - David Davis demanded RAF plane for Brexit talks.
Old 26th Nov 2017, 10:35
Basil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh, yes, and while I'm on a roll
I sent the following to our MP:

Like the majority, I voted in favour of Brexit and our Conservative Government chose to implement the result of that referendum.
The reports which appear in the news media now appear to present a picture of confusion and disloyalty.
For instance, those who voted against setting a date for exit on the premise that it would somehow circumscribe the negotiating position of HMG seem to me to have missed the fact that setting such a date places pressure upon the EU negotiators but, if wished in the future, Parliament has the authority to alter it as required.

In general, I think most voters like to see a cabinet decision made and MPs then giving it their support.

I recollect loyalty being a pre-requisite for young Royal Air Force officers when I served and it is disappointing to read of the difficulties of government and negotiation made more arduous by what appears to me to be quibbling over relatively minor clauses.