PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First Flight Secrets of the Dreamliner
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2017, 06:12
criticalmass

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I've had it sitting on the hard-drive of my video recorder for a while now and finally got around to watching it a few days ago.

The editor did a good job of keeping the aircraft out of most of it, so all the flight attendants, trainee pilots (why - they haven't flown it and they weren't part of the delivery crew) and the acceptance crew etc could be the stars, with the obligatory appearances by Alan Joyce.

Boeing, and the 787, did make a few appearances, but by the time I had finished I decided it didn't show a single "secret" about the 787 and it was not worth investing in the $1 or so to edit out the ads, "top-and-tail" it and burn it to a DVD-R disk. I erased it.

I'd rate it a passable Qantas PR video, but unless you are interested in how many problems there were with the premium economy seats, or how the galleys looked before they were installed or how important it is to choose the right toilets and how many people are required to make that momentous decision, it's a fizzer. Not quite a waste of sync-pulses, but close to it.

Last edited by criticalmass; 26th Nov 2017 at 06:13. Reason: Spelling, as usual.