PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Update for QF/MAM shortlisters as told by QF...
Old 16th Sep 2003, 00:44
UpperDeckRight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the same vein

100 Shorthaul crew will be transferred to longhaul in January, due to the expected over-staffing of shorthaul, once those taken leave without pay/ temp part time come back to full time flying.

They are short of crew at them moment, only due to the additional flights being put on in october for the rugby world cup.

Longhaul will face a similar excess of crew once their leave without pay and temp part time crew come back online mid next year, this will be offset by additional flying to current destinations, but the current level of full time employed cabin crew are at the maximum QF wants to go to.

I can forsee some casual vacancies at Longhaul, but with the current EBA, they will be limited numbers, as there is a very low cap of casuals allowed into longhaul.

A good read is the last weekends' Financial Review' which explains Mr Dixon's plans for a 25%casual workforce at QF.

Currently, we have no casual crew in longhaul, so I cant see any permanent possies available in the near future.

My guesses may be wrong though, this industry can change at the drop of a pin !