PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - David Davis demanded RAF plane for Brexit talks.
Old 25th Nov 2017, 14:58
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sidevalve: "You were on form here Chris!"
Thanks Geoff, had assumed I'd be playing this one solo...

Quotes from BEagle:

"I once had a car powered by all of 36bhp from its sidevalve engine, if powered be the word. Like many of the little Englanders intent on seeing our country dragged back to their misty-eyed world of the '50s, it too was a relic of a bygone age."
Reckon that can be described as another cheap shot, lacking factual evidence: playing the man, not the argument? If so, versus a tricky target, as it happens: an English Europhile living in France and married to a Frenchwoman, yet opposing an EU project progressively emasculating Europe's nation states for the self-glorification and financial security of its functionaries.

"BBC politics makes interesting reading today..."
Ah yes, the Brussels broadcasting service. And, admittedly, it can be tediously time-consuming to find commentators in our mainstream media that defy the convention of painting Blighty as a foolhardy supplicant up before the beak.

"I asked myself whether the ease with which [sic] my arrival at Munich and onward connection, as well as my return trip to Birmingham, will be the same in 2019..."
So the reassertion of our independence should be abandoned simply to ensure no temporary inconvenience to BEagle's commute?

"... unless, of course, the UK abandons its lemming like rush to the cliff.."
Now where have we seen that kind of threat before?
It's the sovereignty, stupid...