PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific pilots dial down talk of strike if pay dispute remains unresolved..
Old 25th Nov 2017, 11:42
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup. And these things go as far as to sway elections in some lands.

Media corporations held an ogliarchy on propaganda for many years. Such is not the case now and everyone is tired of media parroting fake news. One thing which HAS changed is that people get tons of information from all sides and can screen what they choose to believe.

Crew costs are a way small fraction of ticket prices — a few dollars. And are a way small fraction of cost when compared with huge cash skimmed off the operation by paper pushers who believe they deserve large bonuses for making bad decisions. Or bosses betting badly at the track.

The rubber meets the road in operations. We are the pointy end of the spear. The surgeon with the knife. It is a team effort on all sides to be sure (and competent managers are extremely valuable for asset management and health and well being of the organization), but a blunder by a middle manager might result in a paper cut, some unhappy people or cancellations, or a few dollars down the drain. A blunder by an operator results in a smoking hole.

I cannot believe the traveling public would be comfortable with cut rate unhappy surgeons working on a loved one. Especially when keeping them happy is such a tiny portion of what they are paying for their ticket.

The waiter and delivery man are certainly important, but when I go to a restaurant I REALLY want a happy and capable cook.

Methinks the FAU would be worth working with in this endeavor as well.

But if a line isn’t drawn in the sand today, today will be the absolute best working conditions you will ever get to see here. And, left unchecked, things WILL get rapidly worse.