PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air France crew detained after passenger complains “not receiving her upgrade”
Old 25th Nov 2017, 10:47
PaxBritannica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are two separate issues here: the passenger's complaint, and the Argentinian justice system. Rationally, these shouldn't be conflated. Before blaming the passenger for the treatment of the crew in detainment, posters should know if this was 'special' treatment, or just standard practice for a poor quality police process.

The passenger's complaint has been dismissed by the majority of posters here. It's automatically assumed that her actions were revenge for not getting an upgrade; the concept of finding herself sitting next to a masturbating man does not seem to have gained much traction. I'm not sure why - perhaps because these posters are male and have never been subjected to a non-consensual w4nking experience? For some odd reason, ******s tend to confine the show to a female audience.

Looking objectively at what seem to be the facts, I note that the passenger claims to have reported the man's behaviour. She also seems to have sat out many hours of the flight uncomfortably in a jump-seat. This suggests to me that she really didn't want to sit next to that man, and that the crew were sufficiently aware of this to let her sit in their own accommodation. This further suggests that they had plenty of time to manage the situation such that the female passenger did not have to sit next to the man at any point of the flight. It would hardly be surprising if she objected to having to resume her original seat for landing. It would also be reasonable for her to feel angry with the crew. It was just their bad luck, in that case, that the disgruntled passenger had powerful connections in the destination country, unlike the majority of the other passengers.

If we're leaping to assumptions, mine would be that the AF crew were rude and unhelpful. I have no evidence other than all the AF flights I've been on. I long ago came to suspect that AF employees are trained at the same school that doctors' receptionists attend.

I'm with @Hoss183. They're on my no-fly list.