PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Maintenance Schedule
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2017, 05:44
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when it happens to go pear shaped and there is no other documents other than ac or awb they become the approved document.
Conned Rod,
Clearly, you do not understand the legal status of a CAAP, AC or AWB, as may be applicable, they are all an acceptable means of compliance, as may be applicable, to whatever the matter is to be done.

So with your finely honed legal brain, would you like to explain the subtle difference between a CASA "acceptable means of compliance" and an "approved document", where it relates to the contents of the document, to the enthralled multitudes.

Or, by any chance, do you think the contents of a CAAP, AC or AWB is not, by some strange transmogrification, "CASA approved" unless CASA separately says it is "approved"???

Got a list of "unapproved" CAAPs, ACs and AWBs, have you??

You really dont have a clue at all how maintenance and the law are inter twinned in the complexity of the the whole system.
I would hazard a guess that most people reading this thread would make that comment about you.

With all your increasingly shrill assertions, and rather pathetic attempts at personally denigrating me, NOT ONCE, have you produced any proof of your assertions, which, I would guess, most readers would find quite a telling argument as to the veracity or otherwise of your assertions.

All the below from the CASA web site:

Our Civil Aviation Advisory Publications (CAAPs) provide guidance and explanatory information about the meaning of certain requirements in the Civil Aviation Regulations 1988 (CAR). They may also describe methods to help you comply with a CAR requirement in a manner that would be acceptable to an authorised person or CASA.
CAAPs are advisory; they should always be read in conjunction with the referenced CAR.
Advisory Circulars (ACs) provide advice and guidance to explain particular regulatory requirements of the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1998 (CASR) or associated Manual of Standards (MOS).
An AC should always be read in conjunction with the referring regulations. It should still be read as guidance material even if referred to in a ‘Note’ below the regulation.
AWB 00-001 Issue 3 - Airworthiness Bulletins

Description: An Airworthiness Bulletin (AWB) is issued to inform the aviation public, in a systematic way, of essential information not considered mandatory. The information contained in an AWB is for information only, and issued by CASA to disseminate information as quickly and as clearly as possible.
But maybe CASA's got it all wrong, as well as me??? Every CASA publication is "CASA approved" withing the limits of the intent of the document.

Tootle pip!!

PS:
Faa has notning to do with Australia unless it is an ad.
I suppose I should not be surprised, but you really should have a look at CASR 23, (indeed CASA 21-35) and if you had an in-depth understanding of certification, and the impact of any FAA actions on Australian aircraft originally certified in US by FAA, you might understand. In the case of certain Cessna aircraft, and their ongoing airworthiness, the FAA decision referred to, directly affects Australian aircraft.

Last edited by LeadSled; 25th Nov 2017 at 06:00.